Saturday, December 6, 2014


Bead Hoarder's Blog Hop Reveal

Today is the reveal day for the Bead Hoarder's Blog Hop hosted by the awesome bead artist, jewelry artist and hostess Lori Anderson.  When she first announced this blog hop about a month ago, I quickly signed up. 
 I thought it was a great idea to dig into my stashes to create something fun. However when I create, I never have enough space so my work space takes over every adjoining space.  With Thanksgiving for 19 at the house this year, my workroom required cleanup.  I must say that when I clean up it looks so good, but I can't find a thing:( 

So I began to look on the work table itself to see what I had grouped together....that is where I spotted the pendant focal.  This focal is not a piece that I have hoarded, but rather a work in progress.  I love vintage jewelry pieces and the vintage color of sea foam green. This focal has been a piece that has been on my work table for about 3 years.  Every time I go into my workroom, I pick it and say maybe today.  I add a crystal or pearl here or there and then lay it back down. I have made and sold similar pieces adding chain or beaded rosary style chain but this one I just didn't want to do that.  It seemed too simple.  Then, I found the aqua blue freshwater heshi pearls and the vintage sea foam green glass leaves.  Only one problem, the pearls would not string on anything except (Ughhh) the dreaded traditional beading wire.  Out comes the crimp tubes and crimpers with a sigh.  I am smiling, pleased with the outcome... an ode to Miriam Haskell.  Miriam's Garden is an unique, one of a kind, modern piece with a vintage twist.




Thank you Lori Anderson for being an amazing artist and an inspiring hostess.
Be sure to check out Lori's blog and the other participant's in this Bead Hoarder's Blog Hop to see the reveal of their beautiful creations and hear the stories behind them.
http://www.prettythingsblog.com/2014/12/welcome-to-2nd-annual-bead-hoarders.html



15 comments:

Hannah said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us. This finished piece is really inspired. You did a great job.

Kelly said...

Your necklace is just gorgeous! I don't necessarily like this phrase, but it comes across as a real statement piece - something that would draw everyone's attention to the wearer. I like how you kept being drawn to the focal but needed just the right accompanying beads to go with it. Luxurious! I too love sea foam green, and I like that you used vintage beads in the design.

KJ said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I can see the Miriam Haskell influence. Honestly it turned out great. I hope you get a chance to show it off over the coming holidays and enjoy wearing it for as long as it sat on your beading table.

Kepi said...

Very very pretty necklace, the colors and the design just flow.

fay ................................................... said...

What lovely shades of blue.. Your assemblage is great.. Just beautiful

Unknown said...

Your post spoke to me because when I clean up I can't find anything either. Then I also end up looking at and working with what is on my bead table. I love the piece you finished. I love seafoam and that clasp is wonderful!

Roxanne Mendoza said...

I love everything about this necklace! The colors...the vintage....everything! It's a beauty.

Janine Lucas (Esfera Jewelry) said...

Stunning, stunning piece!! Absolutely gorgeous.

Mimi said...

Wow!! Breathtaking, truly!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Love that sea foam. Simply beautiful necklace.

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Liz, your necklace is truly AWESOME!! A gorgeous piece of art.

baymoondesign said...

Enjoy this gorgeous necklace. It is a real beauty.

Maria Rosa Sharrow said...

That is a total Wow piece. Big, bold and beautiful. Very classy and high end look.

LiRaysa Designs said...

Such gorgeous work. I love the way you put all the components together. Very complimentary. Love the color...

Lori Anderson said...

Oh gosh, that is utterly amazing! I have no idea how to work this way, making things like this -- beautiful!